Teaching and research specialties covers seven areas:
1. Air quality and air pollution control technology: Investigation and simulation of atmospheric ozone, VOCs and particulate suspension temporal characteristics and sources of pollution, regenerative catalyst treatment VOCs, biological and chemical filter bed washed and exhaust VOCs in odor control, photocatalytic oxidation and reduction technology, heavy metal mercury measurement and research and development of the processing technology.
2. Drinking water and water pollution treatment technology: water plant procedures and methods to enhance water quality, ozone combined with biological activated carbon treatment of raw water, anaerobic tank and suits the film bioreactor design, industrial wastewater treatment system improvements were river pollution remediation ecological engineering methods, wastewater (sewage) water recycling and reuse, green solvents - ionic liquid processing waste (sewage) water.
3. Solid and liquid waste treatment: Ongoing tires, rubber, biodiesel byproduct, glycerin, oil sludge, agricultural waste and other energy-based re-use development.
4. Remediation of contaminated soils and groundwater: contaminated sites survey technology development, sediment investigation and remediation, green remediation technology research and development (including: wetland, biological, green chemistry, passive and nanotechnology), sequence and combination of different life cycle Regulation best of remediation technology, health risk assessment and risk management.
5. Green energy and resources: clean and alternative energy development, hydrogen production by anaerobic fermentation technology, natural photocatalytic hydrogen production technology, microwave heating with the ionic liquid to improve microalgae biodiesel yields, green ion catalytic solvent to increase the yield, the light-emitting diode and solar materials.
6. Environment and sustainable environmental management: energy saving, carbon reduction, waste reduction and recycling water remediation technology research and development, life cycle to explore the impact of the movement of renewable energy sources, assess the best environment policy.
7. Emerging pollutant analysis and processing technology: the environmental media (water, soil and air) emerging contaminants, including environmental hormones, medicines, personal care products, flame retardants, plasticizers or disinfection byproducts the development of high efficiency micro analytical techniques, to explore possible sources and precursors, forecast in the medium fate and dissemination, assessment of health risks and develop the best treatment technology.